Virtual Vacation – Thanksgiving at WDW
There’s been a lot of talk about how Disney celebrates the holidays, but I’ve always been a little dubious. Let’s face it, the holidays are crazy enough without adding a vacation to the mix! I don’t think I could handle visiting Walt Disney World over Christmas, but what about Thanksgiving? It’s a holiday that’s all about food, at least for me! I love the chance to go over the top and cook enough food to feed a small army, even when it’s just our family. It’s my chance to indulge in a fantasy. (Come back on Wednesday to see my Disney-inspired Thanksgiving menu!)
But what if . . . instead of spending the Thanksgiving holiday in a whirlwind of baking and cooking and cleaning, we hopped a plane to Orlando? I’m not sure I could handle it, but I’ll give it a shot in this Virtual Vacation!
We’ll arrive bright and early Wednesday morning, and check into our resort. For this trip I’ve chosen the Treehouse Villas at the Saratoga Springs Resort.
I love the ability to spread out and relax, and for this trip a bit of homeyness seems appropriate. Of course, I’m not going grocery shopping on vacation, so I’ll give Personal Disney Shopper my list. She’ll have things waiting for me when we check in!
Since it will be just about lunchtime by the time we get to the resort and get checked in, I’ll let Bill and the kids unpack while I whip up a quick munchies lunch:
- Raw veggies and a quick sour cream and chives dip (better make sure Disney includes a mixer or food processor in that “fully stocked kitchen!”
- Several variaties of crackers
- French bread
- Pita bread and hummus with paprika and olive oil
- Fresh fruit – probably apples, bananas, and grapes.
- Cheese plate – sharp cheddar, provolone, and Dubliner
- Meat plate – prosciutto, shaved roast beef, shaved turkey
- Tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil salad